maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Competitors (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Are you Ready? F(x)tec Pro 1 HW Keyboard Phone (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100554)

Dave999 2018-12-18 14:59

Re: Are you Ready? Fx HW Keyboard Phone

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1551850)

By releasing the device a sunny day!

Maemish 2018-12-18 15:47

I would say iPhone 4S is the perfect size.

HtheB 2018-12-18 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1551853)
By releasing the device a sunny day!

If it gets released, will you buy it?

HtheB 2018-12-18 15:52

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by maemish (Post 1551854)
i would say iphone 4s is the perfect size.

hahahhahahahhahahahahhahahah
lol!!!!

Dave999 2018-12-18 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1551855)
If it gets released, will you buy it?

I think it’s a bit to early to talk about that. Do we even have device or just some proto mockups?

Value+price+support chen < 999 and i might buy it.

endsormeans 2018-12-18 16:23

hahahahaaha
HtheB....
nonono...man
u so funny!
:D

Amboss 2018-12-18 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch (Post 1551848)
By the way I sometimes watch old movies and guess what: They are most of the time very very good despite the fact, they are not 4K and they are 4:3 and sometimes they even miss colour. Whereas I've seen a lot of crapy 4K, ultrawidescreen, HDR and whatever movies. :rolleyes:

About that I couldn't keep my mouth shut :D
I like to watch old movies too. They come with black stripes on top and bottom and - as someone said recently - if there is a duel of two gunmen you might only see the guns but the heroes get cut on the left an right off the screen by the cropping. That's because it has been a film made for cinema 21:9, that got cut down for old tv format 4:3.

quailstorm 2018-12-18 18:15

The Nokia N810 wasn't a tiny one either. Would have preferred N900 HW in that case.

Also I don't remember N900 being transflective. If it is, then the touch panel ruins it. When I repaired my N900 I looked through the touch and it is like wearing sunglasses...
What surely is sunlight readable transflective LCD is Nokia N95 8GB or Nokia 6300, but keep in mind that in direct sunlight everything appears in grayscale!!!
So an AMOLED with huge brightness is maybe more desirable afterall.

About the sizes... currently using a Z3 Compact because of small hands and single handed usage. So I understand the concerns.
But for a qwerty I am willing to go bigger instead of a newer Compact Xperia.

But keep in mind that screen to body ratio also counts, and the mentioned iPhone 6 has a horrible screen to body ratio.

ka9yhd 2018-12-19 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasAH (Post 1551643)
I actually asked chenliangchen on Twitter whether Linux or SFOS would become available on the phone next to Android, and then I got banned... :confused:

I had no problem asking Chen about Sailfish. Chen said he would talk with the engineers.

Fellfrosch 2018-12-19 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amboss (Post 1551859)
About that I couldn't keep my mouth shut :D
I like to watch old movies too. They come with black stripes on top and bottom and - as someone said recently - if there is a duel of two gunmen you might only see the guns but the heroes get cut on the left an right off the screen by the cropping. That's because it has been a film made for cinema 21:9, that got cut down for old tv format 4:3.

Yes that's often the case, but not always. Casablanca for example was filmed in 1,33:1. And of course all the old TV-productions, like inspector Morse.