maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PR 1.3 bugs (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=64366)

Robb 2010-10-26 07:03

PR 1.3 bugs

Starting a general thread for all those pesky bugs introduced by PR 1.3.

BUG filed: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11459
Hardware Keyboard (Polish/Poland mapping).

After double pressing FN key (pointing up blue arrow http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/userguides/.img/FN-KEY.jpg) the inputing of blue marked characters mode is turned on. When in this mode a key is pressed for a longer period of time, the white marked character appears.

Before PR 1.3 - when pressing the dot "." key the dot would appear, when pressing the comma "," key the comma would appear.

PR 1.3 - when pressing the dot "." key the colon ":" appears, when pressing the comma "," key the semi-colon ";" appears.

This really makes entering numbers and ip addresses a problem.

maxximuscool 2010-10-26 07:17

Re: PR 1.3 bugs

?????????????
i don't know what you are on about mate. You have serious explanation issues with PR1.3.
I don't understand your post. There isn't any bug with the shift key. There is no way you pressed the blue key and press "." and get ":" because the blue key is not supposed to do that. Cap key is the one that change it. Problem may be you change the key value and then blaming the PR1.3

There isn't any bug. If you think it's a bug then make a video and then post it on Bugzilla.

Good luck

rebhana 2010-10-26 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxximuscool (Post 851456)
?????????????
i don't know what you are on about mate. You have serious explanation issues with PR1.3.
I don't understand your post. There isn't any bug with the shift key. There is no way you pressed the blue key and press "." and get ":" because the blue key is not supposed to do that. Cap key is the one that change it. Problem may be you change the key value and then blaming the PR1.3

There isn't any bug. If you think it's a bug then make a video and then post it on Bugzilla.

Good luck

He referred to the Polish keyboard, not yours. Also in my (German) keyboard, I need the function key to get comma. And I have now the same behavior.

DonDino 2010-10-26 07:31

OP says it's on Polish Mapping. Obviously in Polish mapping some keys may be in different positions than the english mapping that the HW keyboard has - this happens with french, spanish mappings etc. So that's normal, really! If you want to see the proper Polish keyboard, use the Virtual Keyboard instead.

niqbal 2010-10-26 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxximuscool (Post 851456)
?????????????

Good luck

actually he is right. Open up eg leafpad and press shift twice to lock it. Now press dot and comma buttons. You dont get the desired results ie : ;

without locking shift key. Shift + . outputs : as expected. So its only when locked

asidana 2010-10-26 07:46

even though you have defined internet access points if you open a web page without connection to the Internet a warning comes up and says there are no saved connections while phone picks up your internet access points!

DJRedline 2010-10-26 07:59

I'm currently reflashing again as unsure if it is an issue with an app i reinstalled after 1st flash.

Every time i rebooted my phone i would lose my contacts and kept getting the option to import from SIM

Update -
2nd flash and still same issue

bertolt 2010-10-26 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by niqbal (Post 851491)
actually he is right. Open up eg leafpad and press shift twice to lock it. Now press dot and comma buttons. You dont get the desired results ie : ;

without locking shift key. Shift + . outputs : as expected. So its only when locked

i'm still using PR 1.2. Same results. pressing shift twice to lock it displays caps on letter keys, otherwise dot and comma still displays. colon/semi-colon only appears when shift key is pressed once.

rebhana 2010-10-26 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb (Post 851431)

After double pressing FN key (pointing up blue arrow http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/userguides/.img/FN-KEY.jpg) the inputing of blue marked characters mode is turned on. When in this mode a key is pressed for a longer period of time, the white marked character appears.

Before PR 1.3 - when pressing the dot "." key the dot would appear, when pressing the comma "," key the comma would appear.

PR 1.3 - when pressing the dot "." key the colon ":" appears, when pressing the comma "," key the semi-colon ";" appears.

To get the desired behavior, edit /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 (as root, so be careful!), look for your national keymap (in my case xkb_symbols "de") and change the line
Code:

key <LEFT>        { [    period,        comma,          comma,          comma          ] };
into
Code:

key <LEFT>  { [    period,        period,        comma,          comma  ]};
Then do
Code:

setxkbmap de
(or for Polish: ... pl), and see whether you are happy with the new keyboard mapping. Don't reboot before you have checked that everything is all right, and also, if you make backups of the rx-51 file, put them in your home directory, not in the same directory where the system file is!

EDIT: just looked up the Polish entries in rx-51 and found that they don't have period and comma where the German keyboard has them, so my instructions are good for the German, Portuguese/Spanish, Swiss, Italian, Czech, and Nordic versions only. For a general how-to see the wiki on keyboard remapping!

dynomot 2010-10-26 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by asidana (Post 851499)
even though you have defined internet access points if you open a web page without connection to the Internet a warning comes up and says there are no saved connections while phone picks up your internet access points!

Yes I've found that too. I hasve my internet access set to "always ask" so it's annoying rather than troublesome.

travla 2010-10-26 09:30

Quote:

+1 For me, I have standard kb mapping and confirm this is a bug. Very disappointing, like the OP said, makes entering IP addresses a nightmare. Good pick up, now anyone now how to fix it?

travla

edit: Didn't see rebhana's post, too scared to do it but will most likely have to.

jaeezzy 2010-10-26 09:35

Mine is having problem while trying to play the just recorded video from the play icon thats shows up after finishing recording a video. When this happens and trying to reopen the video file by going back and forth in the same opened Media player app fails as well. However, it can be played after closing and restarting the app.

Also, in the extras apps, I'm having problem with:
1) Swappolube -- Can't enter text in the textboxes however, can delete.
2) QStardict -- Stopped working and now can't configure the dictionary.

jurop88 2010-10-26 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaeezzy (Post 851616)
1) Swappolube -- Can't enter text in the textboxes however, can delete.
2) QStardict -- Stopped working and now can't configure the dictionary.

As far as Swappolube is concerned, don't use the FN key to enter values, probably something changed in keyboard mappings.

cocegas 2010-10-26 09:54

I am having constant 5% xorg usage :(:(
Anyone else?

jaanusa 2010-10-26 10:17

Quote:

Noticed that the only hardware key which doesn't behave as above described is indeed dot/comma key (deutsch layout). Haven't tried that before last update so can't comment worked it before the same way as now or not.

longcat 2010-10-26 10:30

1. No saved connections (everytime you start somethin that requires internet connection),
2. Cant install "Documents to go",
3. Can't scroll if browser is in portrait mode ...

since this pr1.3 release is same as leaked one, i'll check my list from then than post it here

pious_momin 2010-10-26 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJRedline (Post 851516)
I'm currently reflashing again as unsure if it is an issue with an app i reinstalled after 1st flash.

Every time i rebooted my phone i would lose my contacts and kept getting the option to import from SIM

Update -
2nd flash and still same issue

can we flash using windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS

niqbal 2010-10-26 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertolt (Post 851600)
i'm still using PR 1.2. Same results. pressing shift twice to lock it displays caps on letter keys, otherwise dot and comma still displays. colon/semi-colon only appears when shift key is pressed once.

interesting so maybe its an older bug that was never filed or noticed

pious_momin 2010-10-26 10:39

bug: when you tap on menu icon on the top left side of the bar it doesn't work for the 1st tap need to tap continuously twice or thrice and when you tap on clock even this as same issue, any of you has encountered same bug as mine?

Rob1n 2010-10-26 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by niqbal (Post 851714)
interesting so maybe its an older bug that was never filed or noticed

I don't think it's a bug in that case. The double-press activates caps-lock, not shift-lock, so the punctuation keys remain unshifted. It makes less sense happening with the Fn lock though, so I'd call it a bug there.

PontusOhman 2010-10-26 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by pious_momin (Post 851716)
bug: when you tap on menu icon on the top left side of the bar it doesn't work for the 1st tap need to tap continuously twice or thrice and when you tap on clock even this as same issue, any of you has encountered same bug as mine?

I'll notice that to :mad: And sometimes you need to tap a program twice to get it to start to...

rash.m2k 2010-10-26 10:58

try pressing control and then the key?

I have Pr1.2 and pressing the control + dot key brings shows dot when FN locked.

gixx 2010-10-26 11:42

Wireless with WPA2 still Bugs.
Why Nokia ignore this issue.

rebhana 2010-10-26 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by rash.m2k (Post 851739)
try pressing control and then the key?

I have Pr1.2 and pressing the control + dot key brings shows dot when FN locked.

That still works in PR1.3. Good alternative for those who don't want to tamper with their keymap file.

tomchiverton 2010-10-26 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by gixx (Post 851778)
Wireless with WPA2 still Bugs.
Why Nokia ignore this issue.

It's not an issue for enough people ? I've never had an issue with WPA2 on my N900, over either 11b or 11g. And I've had two routers from two different manufacturers since I got my N900...

It might be just you.
Did you file a bug with a reproducible test case?

Robb 2010-10-26 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebhana (Post 851601)
To get the desired behavior, edit /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 (as root, so be careful!),

.... SNIP ....

EDIT: just looked up the Polish entries in rx-51 and found that they don't have period and comma where the German keyboard has them, so my instructions are good for the German, Portuguese/Spanish, Swiss, Italian, Czech, and Nordic versions only. For a general how-to see the wiki on keyboard remapping!

Thanks for the info.
Unfortunatly, using this information I cannot fix this.

The hardware keyboard layout for Polish is the same as English.
The definitions for US English keyboard mapping and Polish is also the same.

jaanusa 2010-10-26 16:41

Just posted on another thread:
Found a little bug - during e-mail checking I get following error: "Internal error. Applicaltion 'E-mail' closed". I have two IMAP accounts.
Anyone else experienced that?

egoshin 2010-10-26 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaanusa (Post 852041)
Just posted on another thread:
Found a little bug - during e-mail checking I get following error: "Internal error. Applicaltion 'E-mail' closed". I have two IMAP accounts.
Anyone else experienced that?

Kill the tracker -

tracker-process -t

wigglemeyer 2010-10-26 19:10

2 bugs for me:

Airport game no longer works. Gets stuck in "loading" and then goes back to home screen.

OTA internet is no longer working (T-mobile $10 dumbphone). I keep getting prompted to upgrade to a different internet package.

RWFarley 2010-10-26 19:14

I seem to have a problem with MfE. My CPU (mostly as-deamon) has been at 100% all morning. My exchange email is still "Refreshing." I'm already on my second battery and it's still morning.

How do I kill that without causing problems?

Edit: 12:45 finally updated MfE. CPU back to normal after nearly 5 hours. *whew* :-)

Robb 2010-10-26 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by wigglemeyer (Post 852126)
2 bugs for me:

Airport game no longer works. Gets stuck in "loading" and then goes back to home screen.

OTA internet is no longer working (T-mobile $10 dumbphone). I keep getting prompted to upgrade to a different internet package.

Today there there was an update from OVI to Airport and Labirynth Lite.
It works for me after update. (But didn't test it before update)

ndi 2010-10-26 19:18

I have one with microb.

If I click on a desktop link, microb starts loading site 1. While it loads, click link2 that loads site 2. Now close window 2. Window 1 address bar displays site2.

However, if and when site1 finishes loading, the bar will display the correct address.

mobiledivide 2010-10-26 19:21

Quote:

2 bugs for me:

Remember to check the access point settings change to internet2.voicestream.com from epc.tmobile.com. If thats not the problem then can't help.

egoshin 2010-10-26 19:29

Quote:

2 bugs for me:

It is interesting - PR1.3 doesn't have upgrade of CMT and 3G provider can't detect something new, at least in theory.

If it is something on application level, then I have old packages yet. Let's see, I am updating now.

mirakels 2010-10-26 19:31

Not a new bug, but the hildon-desktop batttery drain problem when using sub-menus is not fixed in pr1.3.
So we still need the custom hildon-desktop install. I already installed my onw build of it.

cocegas 2010-10-26 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirakels (Post 852184)
Not a new bug, but the hildon-desktop batttery drain problem when using sub-menus is not fixed in pr1.3.
So we still need the custom hildon-desktop install. I already installed my onw build of it.

What custom hildon-desktop?? Can you post the link please? :D

moradeeb 2010-10-26 19:50

tvc player app no longer works open then closes with invalid playlist
when opening web pages it some times opens two pages and takes ages this is other page it opens below
http://www.epoclick.com/?ad=1288121512

PekkaR1 2010-10-26 20:01

PR1.3 killed the messages (Conversations) application (no SMS or IM gets logged/saved) and my phone is emtpy of all recent calls...and stays empty.

Same thing here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=64380

. Pekka

daperl 2010-10-26 20:01

JFC, editing text with the virtual keyboard is still fubar. Nokia, when are you going to stop sucking at this?

daperl 2010-10-26 20:16

JFC, editing text with the virtual keyboard is still fubar. Nokia, when are you going to stop sucking at this?