maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   How to download torrents in Sailfish os? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99618)

deutch1976 2017-07-20 07:34

How to download torrents in Sailfish os?

Hello guys. Just wondering how can i download a torrent in sailfish os. Tried several Android torrent apps that download the file i want but when i open the downloaded folder it is empty. On the app i can see the complete download and the size of the file but i cannot see it in the Aquafish folders. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

hardy_magnus 2017-07-20 07:36

Re: How to download torrents in Sailfish os?

you can use clutch from the warehouse. its a frontend for transmission.

Feathers McGraw 2017-07-20 07:37

I wrote an app called clutch - bit of a hack really (it runs Transmission as a process in the background and shows the web UI inside a window).

https://openrepos.net/content/feathe...ssion-frontend

Once that is running you could also control it with an app called tremotesf (but that app doesn't start transmission itself, it assumes you have already started it as a "proper" daemon).

Feathers McGraw 2017-07-20 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardy_magnus (Post 1530878)
you can use clutch from the warehouse. its a frontend for transmission.

Beat me to it! lol.

I wrote that ages ago, nice to know someone is using it (assuming you are?)

hardy_magnus 2017-07-20 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw (Post 1530880)
Beat me to it! lol.

I wrote that ages ago, nice to know someone is using it (assuming you are?)

yes sir,i am. :D. thanx for this great app.

deutch1976 2017-07-20 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw (Post 1530879)
I wrote an app called clutch - bit of a hack really (it runs Transmission as a process in the background and shows the web UI inside a window).

https://openrepos.net/content/feathe...ssion-frontend

Once that is running you could also control it with an app called tremotesf (but that app doesn't start transmission itself, it assumes you have already started it as a "proper" daemon).

When i open "Transmission web ui" there is a blank page

hardy_magnus 2017-07-20 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutch1976 (Post 1530883)
When i open "Transmission web ui" there is a blank page

when you open clutch ,click on the transmission icon, it will take you to the web ui of the clutch.

deutch1976 2017-07-20 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardy_magnus (Post 1530886)
when you open clutch ,click on the transmission icon, it will take you to the web ui of the clutch.

I did that but web ui i empty and has no options

hardy_magnus 2017-07-20 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutch1976 (Post 1530887)
I did that but web ui i empty and has no options

reboot your phone and try again .

deutch1976 2017-07-20 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardy_magnus (Post 1530888)
reboot your phone and try again .

Same blank page. I usualy used utorrent on Android where i just had to click the file on the web i wanted to download and it started by itself. The problem is i can't see the downloaded file besides it's on the phone

hardy_magnus 2017-07-20 08:42

cut or copy the folder to some other location. i remember it happened with me sometime ago but i don't remember what i did to solve it

deutch1976 2017-07-20 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardy_magnus (Post 1530890)
cut or copy the folder to some other location. i remember it happened with me sometime ago but i don't remember what i did to solve it

I finaly foud the downloaded file in /opt/alien/home/nemo/android_storage/download
I'll try to move it to music folder and see if i can play it
Thanks to all

Feathers McGraw 2017-07-20 09:55

Did you not manage to get it working in the end?

Can I ask if you downloaded just the rpm for clutch, or enabled the repo and downloaded like that? Clutch has a dependency on transmission, which is in my repo. It shouldn't have installed without it, but worth checking...

deutch1976 2017-07-20 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw (Post 1530894)
Did you not manage to get it working in the end?

Can I ask if you downloaded just the rpm for clutch, or enabled the repo and downloaded like that? Clutch has a dependency on transmission, which is in my repo. It shouldn't have installed without it, but worth checking...

I used Flud (Android) app
Itīs very easy to use and works great

Feathers McGraw 2017-07-20 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutch1976 (Post 1530895)
I used Flud (Android) app
Itīs very easy to use and works great

OK but can you answer the question about how you installed clutch? If I've not packaged it correctly, I'd like to know so I can fix it.

deutch1976 2017-07-20 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw (Post 1530896)
OK but can you answer the question about how you installed clutch? If I've not packaged it correctly, I'd like to know so I can fix it.

I went to openrepos and installed it. Then i opened the app but when i clicked the transmission icon the web ui was empty with no options. Not sure if i was doing something wrong

Feathers McGraw 2017-07-20 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutch1976 (Post 1530897)
I went to openrepos and installed it. Then i opened the app but when i clicked the transmission icon the web ui was empty with no options. Not sure if i was doing something wrong

If you don't mind testing, can you uninstall it and then use Warehouse (the openrepos client) to enable my repository and install it again, see if you get different results?

aspergerguy 2017-07-20 12:46

1 Attachment(s)
Using Warehouse installation after re-booting device it worked upon 2nd attempt:Attachment 39447

deutch1976 2017-07-20 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw (Post 1530901)
If you don't mind testing, can you uninstall it and then use Warehouse (the openrepos client) to enable my repository and install it again, see if you get different results?

Unistalled it and installed trough Warehouse. Now icon is missing :confused:

Feathers McGraw 2017-07-20 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspergerguy (Post 1530915)
Using Warehouse installation after re-booting device it worked upon 2nd attempt:

Thanks man. I wonder why it installed at all straight from openrepos, without complaining about dependencies?

deutch1976 2017-07-20 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw (Post 1530918)
Thanks man. I wonder why it installed at all straight from openrepos, without complaining about dependencies?

No complaining at all. Even rebooted the device twice and the icon is still missing. Maybe it will show "soon" :D

Feathers McGraw 2017-07-20 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutch1976 (Post 1530919)
No complaining at all. Even rebooted the device twice and the icon is still missing. Maybe it will show "soon" :D

I mean why did the package manager allow you to install it in the GUI, without any of the dependencies?

deutch1976 2017-07-20 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw (Post 1530920)
I mean why did the package manager allow you to install it in the GUI, without any of the dependencies?

Don't know
The strange thing is that i removed both Clutch and Transmission the same way and only transmission icon doesn't show. Is there a way to run it by terminal?

EDIT: just opened Clutch and sudenly the Transmission Web UI showed both option of adding the torrent and download

Feathers McGraw 2017-07-22 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutch1976 (Post 1530921)
Don't know
The strange thing is that i removed both Clutch and Transmission the same way and only transmission icon doesn't show. Is there a way to run it by terminal?

Yeah the Transmission package just installs a binary, it's more like a traditional linux package than an "app" - it doesn't have a desktop file, so it won't show up in the home screen.

From the openrepos page for my build of Transmission:

Quote:

Build of Transmission for use with Clutch, the Silica frontend for Transmission.

This build uses different settings to NielDK's build, mostly things that have been disabled to keep the package minimal:
  • Transmission-qt not included
  • Commandline utilities transmission-(create|edit|remote|show) not included
  • No systemd unit file for transmission-daemon
  • Doesn't create transmission user
  • Disabled transmission-cli, native language support

If you intend to run Transmission more like you would on a headless server as a background process, you might prefer to use NielDK's build. Clutch starts transmission-daemon in the foreground and kills it when the app exits, so this package is designed to be as lightweight as possible.

deutch1976 2017-07-22 22:14

It' working fine now and already made a few downloads. Thanks