maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Buy & Sell (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Jolla Phone spare parts for sale? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100565)

dameceno 2018-11-23 16:30

Jolla Phone spare parts for sale?

Good day everyone.

This is my first thread here, have tried to search for something relating to it, but came out empty.

My 3 years old Jolla Phone recently developed the touch screen digitizer issue after numerous falls. I have been almost everywhere on the net in search of a replacement as I now see the value of this beauty more than ever.

https://www.maxbhi.com/touch-screen-...one-green.html

This is the only result I got, unfortunately they don't ship internationally and I know no one in India for the deal. I am open to suggestions as I came up with the idea of getting another device from members of the community here, even if in bad shape just so I can salvage the screen touch digitizer. I refuse to give up on my 400 Euros investment, plus I can't use any other OS.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I am in Nigeria, and do get goods delivered to me, aliexpress and amazon just to mention those two.

Fellfrosch 2018-11-23 21:16

Re: Jolla Phone spare parts for sale?

Well to be honest, it depends on how much you are willing to invest.
Can't you buy a used Xperia X or XA2 in Nigeria? Probably that would be a better option:

My testdevice is a Jolla1 in nearly perfect conditions. If I would sell it to you for let me say 70 €. There are still transport costs. I've had a quick glance on the DHL website. Transport costs would be nearly 20 € but just insured up to 50 € and not knowing if it's a problem to send it with battery included.

pichlo 2018-11-24 07:56

I second Fellfrosch. Used Jollas for sale pop up here all the time, sometimes with little use. That might be your best option.

dameceno 2018-11-26 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch (Post 1551050)
Well to be honest, it depends on how much you are willing to invest.
Can't you buy a used Xperia X or XA2 in Nigeria? Probably that would be a better option:

My testdevice is a Jolla1 in nearly perfect conditions. If I would sell it to you for let me say 70 €. There are still transport costs. I've had a quick glance on the DHL website. Transport costs would be nearly 20 € but just insured up to 50 € and not knowing if it's a problem to send it with battery included.

I always appreciate assistance whenever provided, thanks man for responding. I was in the process of switching to Xperia X with Sailfish X since inception but the issues reported made me value my Jolla phone even more for working so perfectly. Would have gone for it and look for a way to adapt Sailfish X if not for this thread

https://together.jolla.com/question/...comment-190658

I have failed to come in contact with another african let alone a Nigerian like myself on the community. So I can see why Jolla will give little regard to this issue. I don't know if XA2 would be any different, but you can understand my reluctance to try. With my Jolla phone I am guaranteed continuity, thus my zeal to get it fixed.
You are the best source of hope I have had so far, and I am keen on your suggestion. Which country are you a resident of?

dameceno 2018-11-26 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1551055)
I second Fellfrosch. Used Jollas for sale pop up here all the time, sometimes with little use. That might be your best option.

Thanks pichlo, I have checked both here and TJC for availability before posting this thread, the ones available are old posts with no responses on time, and I think the owners lost interest in sales.

Fellfrosch 2018-11-26 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by dameceno (Post 1551135)
Thanks pichlo, I have checked both here and TJC for availability before posting this thread, the ones available are old posts with no responses on time, and I think the owners lost interest in sales.

Well my post was not only an advice but also an half-hearted offer. So if you really really want a Jolla1. I would offer you my testdevice. But the described problems with transport to Nigeria will remain and we have to figure out how to solve these problems.

dameceno 2018-11-26 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch (Post 1551141)
Well my post was not only an advice but also an half-hearted offer. So if you really really want a Jolla1. I would offer you my testdevice. But the described problems with transport to Nigeria will remain and we have to figure out how to solve these problems.

I do know which was your post @Fellfrosch this quoted text in your reply was addressed to @pichlo. My fist reply was addressed to you.
I am very interested in your test device. Hence my question of knowing which country you reside in. My Airpods I purchased on Amazon a year ago or so where delivered to me through http://tranex-ng.com/
I am open to suggestions on your part.
I am in no way opposed to DHL, just listing the service that I used in the past for deliveries

Fellfrosch 2018-11-26 15:40

I know that it was adressed to pichlo, but it was fitting anyway :p

I'm living in Germany. And for me the easiest way to send parcels is DHL, because they have an office just over the street. And beside of that I think it is the best logistic service here in Germany.
By the way, I doubt that tranex has any office at my place. But even if i choose to send via DHL there is a good chance that a partner company of DHL (like tranex) will deliver it to you.

I have looked a little bit deeper in the Lithium Battery problem. Seems like it isn't a real problem. But I have to read some more documents.

Still the package would be just insured up to 50 € and i would ask for 70 €...

Would you like to have some pics, before we solve the logistic problems.

dameceno 2018-11-26 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch (Post 1551145)
I know that it was adressed to pichlo, but it was fitting anyway :p

I'm living in Germany. And for me the easiest way to send parcels is DHL, because they have an office just over the street. And beside of that I think it is the best logistic service here in Germany.
By the way, I doubt that tranex has any office at my place. But even if i choose to send via DHL there is a good chance that a partner company of DHL (like tranex) will deliver it to you.

I have looked a little bit deeper in the Lithium Battery problem. Seems like it isn't a real problem. But I have to read some more documents.

Still the package would be just insured up to 50 € and i would ask for 70 €...

Would you like to have some pics, before we solve the logistic problems.

Absolutely, some pictures would be just nice. I happen to have some contacts of mine in Germany, as a matter of fact, this Jolla device of mine was bought in Germany by one of such contacts who brought it home when he visited the country that year. I would love to see what I am to expect, those pictures I mean. Might have to run WhatsApp on this Redmi Note 4 currently hosting my sim card just to check on those said contacts.

Fellfrosch 2018-11-26 18:29

So, if you have friends in Germany I can of course send the phone to them if you want.

Pics are one my Nextcloud, I send you a link via pm.