maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   \[announce\], app, script, program, -> how to share correctly? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100915)

ric9K 2020-01-09 21:30

\[announce\], app, script, program, -> how to share correctly?

Hi girls and guys,

Before to post with the wrong title, in the wrong section, and a wrong description, I prefer to ask some advices.

I made an application which is a python script. It was made for the n900 but could work on other platforms with minor changes, I guess. It has a GUI (tk, don't hit me!).

It is a random music player which allows very easily to decide to keep or delete (this is not moral) a music file.

I'd post it in Software -> Applications with a title beginning with [announce]. Is that correct?

As the name I was using for my own use is not very relevant, I was thinking of "Purgatory DJ" as it is the place where the future of the file is decided.

Thank you for your thoughts and comments

justmemory 2020-01-10 07:05

Re: \[announce\], app, script, program, -> how to share correctly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ric9K (Post 1564258)
Hi girls and guys,

Before to post with the wrong title, in the wrong section, and a wrong description, I prefer to ask some advices.

I made an application which is a python script. It was made for the n900 but could work on other platforms with minor changes, I guess. It has a GUI (tk, don't hit me!).

It is a random music player which allows very easily to decide to keep or delete (this is not moral) a music file.

I'd post it in Software -> Applications with a title beginning with [announce]. Is that correct?

As the name I was using for my own use is not very relevant, I was thinking of "Purgatory DJ" as it is the place where the future of the file is decided.

Thank you for your thoughts and comments

Hi,

that is why I started this thread long time ago... :) This does not mean that this is the "official" way of announcing; just a way...
Or maybe you can push your application to the repos.

ric9K 2020-01-10 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmemory (Post 1564263)
Hi,

that is why I started this thread long time ago... :) This does not mean that this is the "official" way of announcing; just a way...

Thanks, will read that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmemory (Post 1564263)
Or maybe you can push your application to the repos.

Oh, no, it far from being deb packaged.
The idea is more to share a work in progress. But still, working well in the actual state.
It would be a pleasure to package it and push to the repos. If I find time, if it shows being useful to someone...

ric9K 2020-01-10 20:40

@ justmemory: I read it. hmm, separate scripts or apps in separate threads is maybe easier to search back....
I often have to search back and scroll kilometres to find something I read because I don't realize at the time of reading that I could need the info.
Congrats for your apps!

endsormeans 2020-01-11 06:48

Debify it.
Push it to extras devel .
Then you have a community that will install and test for you.
Then once any bugs are sorted and any additional functions you decide or not ...to add are dealt with..
It can be pushed to extras testing..
Then after that ..it can finally be pushed to extras ..once it is noted it is stable.

ric9K 2020-01-12 18:38

To debify it ?
Wow, well...ok.
Why not explore this way. I recognise this is very comfortable when others do so.
Will find the answer to the 10'000 times answered question "how to package...", read it, understand... and come back.
See you :)