maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Buy & Sell (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   where to buy N900 in Europe? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94632)

xiskillo 2015-02-19 04:14

where to buy N900 in Europe?

Hello, i would like to buy an N900 again but new and with guarantee...

In any online store in Union European..

Some ideas?

Thanks!

endsormeans 2015-02-19 05:36

Re: where to buy N900 in Europe?

Ok...now then ...what was the question again?..
Oh yeah...
Well...
I think that...
humm...
naw...
check the next query for an answer....

endsormeans 2015-02-19 05:40

Ah...here we go...
Hey...
Is there an echo in here?

Ok ...Answer : NO. Not unless you find something like a seller on an ebay auction who offers "squaredeal" and that may be as good as it gets concerning any kind of guarantee.
Any business selling brand new n900's are going to be from Asia ..and they are all kinds of wrong. I wouldn't touch 'em.
Parts ...some ...maybe. But it is possible to find brand new parts and assemble your own. Much more expensive than buying a little-used well cared for used one. There is a member floating around here who just recently built one...it was pricey.

Also I really really really really really really really really really REALLY think you don't need to repeat the same questioning post 3 times to get one answer.

The BEST suggestion if you want better than some unknown strangers "guarantee" .. I would suggest buying from a fellow member here at the Buy and Sell section. No one will lie or steer you wrong knowingly, no one would risk their good name amoungst their peers, also who is going to take care of a device properly? But a fellow member.

xiskillo 2015-02-19 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by endsormeans (Post 1461236)
Ah...here we go...
Hey...
Is there an echo in here?

Ok ...Answer : NO. Not unless you find something like a seller on an ebay auction who offers "squaredeal" and that may be as good as it gets concerning any kind of guarantee.

Also I really really really really really really really really really REALLY think you don't need to repeat the same questioning post 3 times to get one answer.

This is a good answer, thanks for spend your time answering me! :o

Regards mate

endsormeans 2015-02-19 05:54

No worries man.
Just messing with you... :D
Also...
Just added a bit to my last post there that may help...

peterleinchen 2015-02-19 06:34

So might you please delete your other threads?

--
as endsormeans said there is zero chance to buy a new one officially in any shop. A few months (was it years) ago a few devices popped up here (and/or also on amazon/ebay) which were unused devices coming from a company's stock. But I do not expect that to happen once more.

ste-phan 2015-02-19 07:46

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a new one in Germany with your required conditions of warranty: (24 months possibility offered)

http://www.amazon.de/gp/node/index.h...qid=1424331167

* Neuware * ohne Vertrag * ohne Simlock - offen für alle Netze * kein Branding * kein Netlock * Originalverpackung mit Original Zubehör * Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer * 24 Monate Gewährleistung * Rechnung mit ausgewiesener Mehrwertsteuer vom Fachhändler * Kostenloser, schneller, versicherter Versand * Bitte beachten Sie: Die Kartonage kann Lagerspuren aufweisen. Dies hat jedoch keine Auswirkungen auf das Gerät oder dessen Zubehör. « Weniger anzeigen

Since the offer will probably disappear at some point in time I am posting a screenshot for historical / archeological reasons ;)

There are a few cheaper ones but I did not see the warranty mentionned :)

Attachment 36598

That said, I am a little skeptical about the warranty service.
If you really like the N900 today you'd probably want to keep it longer than the supposed life cycle of today's phablets.
It would be useful to get to know it inside out so you can handle your own repair.
Buy a nice one and then look out for an old, ugly but working one for internal spare parts and messing around with. Hurry because I just captured another nice one at 50 Euro from eBay :D

xiskillo 2015-02-19 19:30

hahah

Thanks ste-phan i thinked spend about 175 Euros..this is most expensive :o

I understand your thinking on the warranty. But i say if have to change the cell broken later, at least i will be able to give a replace with more value than i paid..

Which you saw on ebay? :P

peterleinchen 2015-02-19 19:39

About that warranty:
I would like to know how Nokia (or would it be M$?) deals with such? ;)

xanderx 2015-02-19 19:57

This one is from Spain.
http://www.segundamano.es/cantabria/...=0_s&st=a&c=23
I noticed n900s fired up in price a bit after a period they were sold at about 60-80€. I might have bought one for my drawer dedicated to this legendary device, but at this point, I won't do it. Already got 4 n900s. Maybe if some day there is one floating for 60€, I'll go for it.