maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N9 / N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Only 92,000 units of N9 will be produced? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73437)

glassflag 2011-05-25 17:31

Only 92,000 units of N9 will be produced?

According to Eldar Murtazin.

debernardis 2011-05-25 17:40

Re: Only 92,000 units of N9 will be produced?

I thought 42 was a much more interesting number.

jerryfreak 2011-05-25 17:45

so it will be $600 then...

zdanee 2011-05-25 17:53

Oh, joy. Now I wish it had a name like N950-00a, so nobody would buy it just because N9-is-higher-than-N8, only those that know what it is. Like me :)

cfh11 2011-05-25 18:04

it might as well say "according to the homeless guy i met yesterday" - that would be just about as credible as a tweet from eldar these days

Mentalist Traceur 2011-05-25 18:12

Maybe I'm just old like that, at 20 years old and all, but when something shows up on Twitter, for one, my first thought isn't that it's reliable factual information.

Second, Eldar Murtazin? Really? Really? I think experience shows us he's almost always wrong, except by rare coincidence.

yodawg 2011-05-25 18:21

if its true then this is horrible news

it will probobly get no support, have bugs, and all the like since they branded it a "niche device"

i was hoping they would have healthy production, spend plenty on a marketing blitz and all that jazz so we the buyers know we have a winner on our hands with strong support from Nokia

glassflag 2011-05-25 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur (Post 1015306)
Maybe I'm just old like that, at 20 years old and all, but when something shows up on Twitter, for one, my first thought isn't that it's reliable factual information.

Second, Eldar Murtazin? Really? Really? I think experience shows us he's almost always wrong, except by rare coincidence.

Funny that because when I read opinions posted by pundits on forums my first thought isn't that it is worth taking any notice of.

Twitter isn't the source, it's the medium. Eldar Murtazin is the source.

And from what I've ever heard he's rather accurate. For example Nokia has just announced the Oro -- which he said November last year was coming.

The fact that Nokia had Russian police raid his house says everything I need to know about his credibility.

Mentalist Traceur 2011-05-25 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by glassflag (Post 1015446)
Funny that because when I read opinions posted by pundits on forums my first thought isn't that it is worth taking any notice of.

Twitter isn't the source, it's the medium. Eldar Murtazin is the source.

Cute, though I concede you're right that forums and twitter are equally credible as mediums. Either way, Eldar Murtazin is not that reliable.

Quote:

And from what I've ever heard he's rather accurate. For example Nokia has just announced the Oro -- which he said November last year was coming.

The fact that Nokia had Russian police raid his house says everything I need to know about his credibility.
The fact that that's a mistatement of what exactly happened with the Russian police thing is rather informative regarding your qualifications for what you need to know.

hawaii 2011-05-25 22:40

As unfortunate for many of you and sad as it may seem, that number is an accurate estimate.

The Dali is aimed at developers. The Lankku is the consumer slate. Anything non-WP7 has taken an extremely, extremely low priority. MeeGo is going to sit under a heat lamp in the back while WP7 is put on main display.