View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I know there are not many maemo developers out there and that they don't have infinite time, but I know there are still a few thousands of people interested in this device. We should coordinate our efforts towards something and cordia is one of our best shots. The thing is, when is it the right time to abandon current hardware and move into new one?

My thoughts is that we should inspect all devices that exist now and find the most suitable one i.e. one that
  • is up to date
  • has open bootloader
  • has keyboard
  • has already managed to run any form of linux pretty successfully
  • has WVGA resolution

For example the htc hd2 may not fulfill the first rule but it's one of the most hackable devices out there and it runs android fully even if it was a windows device (really different architecture)

So after we decide which is the next reference device, we target all our efforts to have a usable meego-cordia (or could it be cordia over android kernel?? can android kernel be modifed to use X?)

If we succeed then this community can live on for two more years. The downside is that very little new people will come here (I came here because I got a N900, some users of the X device we choose will join, but surely it won't be the first forum they will find)

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: