View Single Post
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Athens Greece
Hi,
It took me several days and finally I have Carman up and running, with the internal GPS fixed. While waiting for my cheap ELM327 bluetooth dongle to arrive, I also tried to activate Info Share.

How:
First I tried through Pidgin as instructed by the developers. I installed it but the necessary Carman-Infoshare-plugin was not there (official name: pidgin-carman). I found out that it was in the diablo distribution of Maemo-Extras repository. I added that repository but when I tried to install pidgin-carman from terminal the response was that this package has become obsolete and replaced by carman-is-plugin. I installed that and launched Carman.

In the Status page I noticed that INFO SHARE was finally marked as 'Disconnected' which meant that it allowed me to go ahead and set it up. This is exactly what the application prompts you to do when you tap and then press ok. Then you are presented with the available protocols to choose from: Yahoo, Jabber and MSN. This is just about where my luck ended. No matter which one I chose, it seemed impossible to login since the keyboard, virtual or not, does not respond. Restarting N900 did not help either.

Has anyone gone that far and experienced the same problem? Perhaps there is a configuration file that we can put the login data in and bypass the interface...

Thank you

Last edited by refugee; 2011-08-31 at 11:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to refugee For This Useful Post: