View Single Post
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I can absolutely prove that driving a car is not safe. The statistics are completely obvious. Anybody who thinks that driving a car is safe is insane. The easiest way to save huge numbers of lives every single day would be to close down the highway system. Who can disagree with me? Yet, I drive a car.

And I overclock. Why? Because the benefits outweigh the risks. Those who want to magnify the supposed damage of overclocking carefully steer away from mentioning the overwhelming positive experience on this site of people who overclock. I think it is debatable whether even the few incidents of supposed damage from overclocking are accurate — look at the messages and you will see that the people claiming the most damage are running everything but the kitchen sink and it's very difficult for me to tell that overclocking must be the smoking gun.

If anyone can give me instructions on how to damage my N900 with overclocking, I will strongly consider trying it out. But, in scientific discussions when you try an experiment the results of that experiment should change the beliefs of the people proposing the experiment – otherwise, the experiment is meaningless. Unfortunately, I think we are seeing a faith-based argument against overclocking. It is impervious to reason. Any one who cites their own experience is talked about with contempt, like experience has nothing to do with it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post: