View Single Post
Unfortunately, it means that device was unable to mount /home and /MyDocs, = your eMMC is broken. At best scenario, solder balls just cracked, at worst, flash is cracked. Sorry to report that.

Still, it's unrepairable without very professional equipment, (until You feel adventurous, and want to disassembly Your N900, take out everything that is possible, and put motherboard into 200 C degrees oven for a ~8 min - but this is different topic, and by any means I *NOT* recommend doing so...) so if You've warranty, sue it (and *don't* mention about dropping it - just play fool and tell them that internal memory stopped working).

If You don't have warranty, You may try at some repair centre - but, they may demand so much money, that it is much better idea to buy another N900 in aftermarket. It's a pity, cause, most likely, treating eMMC solder balls with InfraRED soldering station would fix it

/Estel

Ps.

That's one effect of damn EU/USA RoHS regulations - Pb free solder is much more sensitive to cracking. Yea, there is possibility that Your whole eMMC flash was trashed, but i'm pretty sure it's "just" soldering that failed due to impact from hitting floor.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-10-24 at 00:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: