View Single Post
Just a datapoint, but I have had my Handtec sourced N9 since Sat and whilst I haven't caned it, it's not done something to me that I would describe as "crashing" in that time

The only glitches I have had are
- the US News widget (AP news) was crashing when I viewed the Technology page yesterday (probably some specific article on there choking it). Has been fine other days. Given up using it since it's US focused..

- My acuweather widget stopped updating yesterday. Read here that others have seen the same. Reboot and it was fine.

- I added the BBC news as a frontpage news feed. Doesn't obviously update unless I push the refresh button (should it?)

I have a "Three" SIM in which I'm testing while I consider moving from Vodafone. £25/month for near unlimited calls, unlimited texts and unlimited data with no tethering limitations. I found a page which claims you will get £4/month off for paying via direct debit... Have no worse reception - possibly better than Vodafone... (London area, near Wimbledon)

I have setup the Nokia link, imap email account with "always up to date" set, a SIP phone account to my asterisk server and Skype. I have done lots of syncs to the Nokia ovi contacts, and also to my old nokia phone. Played a bunch with the mail. Made a bunch of phone calls and txts to both SMS and Skype recipients. Made a 10 min Skype call. Played some of the games for a bit.

What I don't have setup is Facebook or Twitter.

I generally close all the apps down when not in use, but I have had a dozen things open such as browser windows (visiting things like google maps should cane it a bit.. note you need to go to http://www.google.com/maps/m or it doesn't work...)

I have the same software version as someone else reported earlier in the thread. Anyone got something reproducible that I can try to crash it?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the_Wildgoose For This Useful Post: