View Single Post
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Hi folks! Time for new Applications!

I would like to have a way to manage my bookmarks across all platforms, browsers and devices I use. I'm using google bookmarks now for some time and I love the possibility to mark my bookmarks with tags and manage those in a well working website across all my devices.

The website works great at the N900 and N9(50), too. But I would prefer to have a decent and fast application to access and manage my bookmarks on my mobile devices just like gMarks at Android.

Because there is currently no App for this I would like to try to create a Application myself.
I spent now several hours trying to access the google bookmarks within my application but I fail even at the beginning because google doesn't provide a API and hence also no OAuth authentification for google bookmarks. I studied the sourcecode of gMarks without success. It seems google changed something some months ago. Here is the documentation I used so far: BookmarksAPI and Google Bookmarks API Guide

Those documentation is nothing official, google seems to don't want this kind of applications and I'm afraid there will never be a API. Who knows if google decides soon to shut this thing down without alternative? It is already not very well advertised and hard to find at google.com.

Because of this I'm searching now for a alternative for google Bookmarks with the same features. (web-access, tags for bookmarks, notes, ...)
I need a well documented and open API to access the content from my future application and a Web-Access to manage the bookmarks at my desktop or to access those on a PC while visiting a friend or something else like that.

Any suggestions?

Note: I wan't to manage those bookmarks myself and access those directly online. I'm currently not interested in syncing those and store it locally.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Last edited by helex; 2011-11-09 at 19:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post: