View Single Post
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by philheaton View Post
I got one the day it came out and I must admit, its bloody gorgeous!

Hardware wise, its very sturdy and its weighty enough to make you feel like you are holding something solid and robust without making it a pain to carry around. The screen has to be seen to be believed, its sumptuous and the clearblack floating display is lovely.

Camera ain't so hot and I will definitely be holding on to my N8 for a while longer and there isn't any HDMI output (understandable as not yet supported by WP7).

The WP software is definitely maturing and is very fast, slick and responsive.

Nokia haven't had much of a chance to integrate their own software onto the platform yet and what they have put on is almost as an afterthought. Nokia Maps co-exists with Bing Maps and Nokia Music uses Zune's backend. There are also issues with Maps and Drive not talking to each other which is a bit of a pain in the ***.

Overall, I would say the Lumia 800 is a beautiful piece of design with an "almost there" OS and is Nokia's first real competitor to the iPhone. Clearly, its not got the flexibility and openess of Maemo and I won't be selling my N900 in the near future, but as a smartphone for the masses, its excellent.
what is the call quality