View Single Post
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by kiddn97583 View Post
It's "/usr/share/fonts/nokia/Nokia\ Pure/proportional"
inside the folder, there are 3 font files "xxxxxxx-Bold xxxxxxx-light xxxxxxxxxx-regular"

after u download the Ostrich zip files, pick whatever 3 fonts you want, and rename it to the exact file name inside of Pure/proportional.

My method is to SSH into N9 and copy the original and delete them inside WINSCP and replace it with Ostrich. (I believe just to overwrite them will do the trick as well)

Finally reboot your machine, if standby screen/lock screen hasn't been applied, you have to SSH into N9 to change standby, lock screen fonts type within a certain .css file. but that's just in my case though, since I have two fonts type in my system, Chinese and English.
when i try to copy the new files from the folder with filebox or winscp...np.

but when i try to put the replacement ones(new fonts) i error out in two ways.

1. with winscp, it gives me the errror to do it, then to delete the file first, then says it cannot do it, i do not have permission.

2. when i use terminal on the device, i try these commands and get the same error becasue the "Nokia Pure" has a space in it.

Code:
cp /usr/share/fonts/nokia/Nokia Pure/proportional /home/user/MyDocs/fonts/original

cp /home/user/MyDocs/fonts/new/* /usr/share/fonts/nokia/Nokia Pure/proportional/
i get the error from terminal

cp: can't stat '/usr/share/fonts/nokia/Nokia;:
No such file or directory

filebox does not seem to have an option to be root, only show the root. so it will not allow to drop the files either.