View Single Post
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I would ask you to repeat the tests with pre50 build or with my latest v49 build in KP thread, SmartReflex for frequencies above 600 in KP49(the one in devel repo) is a kind of "first iteration". In latest patch I sent to pali (and which is in KP pre50) SR should behave better for OC frequencies(hopefully ).
I will look for the latest kp49.

EDIT:
AIUI mplayer uses SW decoding, so data when DSP is involved is still missing. You should use stock player for that.
Is there a way to play a video with the stock video player using the command line?

The main assumption that was put to test was that OC would save power on high loads. In my phone it does not.

I agree that having data using the DSP would be nice, so we will know how moving the load from the MPU to the DSP impacts power usage.

EDIT2:
Well, results are actually not so bad, for about 13.5% higher frequency we have 10% more battery drain. And higher drain seems somehow expected as playng a movie through CPU most probably keeps it awake all the time.
'dsp' to 'default' is 805 to 600, or about 34% increase in frequency for a 10% power penalty, right?

The Following User Says Thank You to caveman For This Useful Post: