View Single Post
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by Virtuality View Post
Samsung galaxy note users, does your phone become hot so often?even when on moderate usage?
My galaxy note becomes hot even when on moderate use (such as when opening only one internet page). Is this a normal behavior of the Samsung galaxy note?

Btw, could any one provide me a link for downloading odin pro to my pc. I found odin pro on Google play but I don't want the mobile version. Besides, if I flashed the kernel using odin pro , will I loose the Ics and go back to gingerbread and will I loose the premium suit?

Concerning the super brick bug also, what things should I avoid to prevent the brick to occur? Is updating to another android version a risk (well if a newer version was released)?

Thanks,
Phone gets warmer at times, but not hot in my experience. Especially when only opening one page, this doesn't seem normal to me.

I don't think there exists anything like Odin Pro. You can get Mobile Odin Pro as an Android app, but Odin is a Windows application and has no Pro version. You can get it in various places on the big 'Net. For recent versions you might google like this

When you flash a kernel, you flash kernel only. When you are adviced to flash a gingerbread kernel over an ics rom, it is because only gingerbread kernels (and maybe some ics kernels from third-party developers) are safe for wiping (i.e. formatting) partitions. Follow Kangal's guide in detail and you'll be A-OK.

You can have Premium Suite only on Touchwiz-containing firmwares, like stock and derivatives. Cyanogen Mod firmwares and other AOSP firmwares don't have Premium Suite applications because lack Samsung bits and pieces (most likely closed sw).

In order to avoid the superbrick bug, which is a corruption of your internal mmc so severe you can't correct it so far, you either have a safe kernel (gingerbread kernels and - most likely - third party ics kernels like SpeedMod, Franco's or ChainFire's ones) or, if you have a stock Samsung ics kernel, you must NEVER wipe a partition. Wiping partitions activates the autodestruction.
It has been said also that under very heavy I/O your internal flash memory can be equally destroyed - but I have yet to read a report of it happening.

Clearly, given that third-party kernels are likely to have circumvented the bug (inactivating the offending function) and show better performance or more functions than stock, imho that is the way to follow.
I am presently using SpeedMod and have wiped my cache and dalvik partitions 2 or 3 times without visible damage.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post: