View Single Post
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Frankly speaking though, while it seems like Quim is the bad guy when talking about things that can't be done or open sourced, you'd be surprised how much he has orchestrated in order to do good things for open source in Nokia. The trouble is that sometimes the best things you've done is things you can't talk about in public, but just smile when you see people being happy about them.

I personally wouldn't have been doing the things I'm doing now and have been doing, without Quim's help and very early on discussions about the crazy ideas some of us people had in the community - like to brave to have a open platform for mobile devices.

This is from a platform developer POV: Things have improved immensely since back when I started on N800. A lot of Harmattan UX is actually open sourced, much more than what was ever in Fremantle. Almost scaringily too much, some would say.

Though some might argue that the applications aren't.. 1) who would want to continue on MTF-based applications 2) can't anyone with half a brain re-do these in QML in significantly shorter time than Nokia took to do them in MTF?
Give me Qgil's job for a month and watch how i rattle Nokia and the idiot at the helm !.