View Single Post
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
Wheels on the bus go round and round...

*sigh* this looping discussion has gotten so old that it isn't even mildly amusing anymore.
Specc beat me to it as i just seen your boring post so once again if you got nothing constructive to say then butt out ok because some of us are trying to get some answers to a failing community and some very serious problems.

Originally Posted by w00t View Post
QML components, or libmeegotouch (the things - minus the theme assets - that can make Harmattan apps) are both open source. The X11 compositor - mcompositor (hildon-desktop's smaller brother). meegotouch-home (the home screen for Harmattan). There's plenty more in terms of middleware once you start going looking, too - things like QMF (for email/messaging), ...

The main parts that *aren't* open are the plugins that do the logic for the homescreen/app switcher (newsfeed screen, launcher screen, etc) and the applications. Almost all libraries underneath those - that weren't directly UX related - are open.

Take a look on meego.gitorious.org sometime.
Can you explain why this community failed beyond and after the 1.3 Maemo update because the bits that are open are not allowing any progress on the Maemo OS.

Please dont quote the CSSU because i will just laugh at you ok.

Last edited by chemist; 2012-07-06 at 07:43.