View Single Post
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
my default psm state is "Auto 20%" so if profilematic jumps through some cases where the previous of current or even current (idk) had psm "on" now jumps to "Default" psm stays "on" and is not returning to "Auto 20%". Maybe this is because "Default" has a "do not touch anything" setup?! Same goes for ringtone/beep/silent. Returning to 'default' case should trigger what is setup within settings as this is over all never touched and user set, basically the base "previous"!
I probably misunderstood previously. ProfileMatic does not quite work as I think you wished it would work:

When "Default rule" is triggered, it will set-up whatever has been specified in that rule (unless some other rule has set the specific action). It has nothing to do with what user has set in the Settings. ProfileMatic does not (and probably can not) detect what the user has done in the Settings application. If you want some settings that are applied always when no other rule matches, then you must explicitly put them into the Default rule.

The other thing is the working of the "restore previous". I'm not sure, but are you hitting this kind of scenariio. I'm using time based condition as an example as it's easy to understand.

- Initial profile: Ringing 60%
- 10:00 - 11:00: Set beep, restore previous
- 11:00 - 12:00: Set silent, restore previous

Now after 12:00, do you expect the profile to be Ringing 60% because that was the initial profile? The way ProfileMatic works, is that it will be beep. That's because before the last rule before setting to silent the profile was beep, so that's what is restored.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: