View Single Post
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
When the name changed Ovi Store didn't show the newer version as an update, but as a different app - I had to uninstall the old version (Firestarter) and then pay again to install the new one (Erudite)
Sorry to hear that, I didn't have that problem when I tested upgrading on my secondary testing phone (on which I purchased the app), so I'm not sure why it happened for you. Although the Ovi Store display name has changed I kept the Debian package name the same to try and avoid just this sort of problem.

What did you encounter when visiting the Erudite page in the store before you uninstalled the previous version? Did it show the "Launch" and "Review" buttons that it normally shows for installed apps, or just the "Buy" button?

If you want to try requesting a refund on your original purchase from the Ovi Store I'd be happy to support the request (as I understand it Nokia often ask you to contact the developer when making refund requests). Unfortunately I don't have any control over refunds directly myself, that all has to be handled via an Ovi support request.

If anyone else has trouble upgrading send me an e-mail and I'll try and sort something out for you (unfortunately this might involve you having to e-mail me for updates every time there's a new version).