View Single Post
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Well, if You don't mind dumbed down OS, over-advertised, counter-productive swipe(tm), lack of things like microSD slot, easily removable battery, or possibility (lack of, again) to do real things, like hostmode - well, You should be OK with it, as rest is generally fair.

But, if want phone miserably trying to mimic computer functionality, instead of computer with phone stack (N900), what You're doing here? you have plenty of less expensive choices.

BTW, it always make me laugh, when people repeat slogan about N900 being "good as computer, terrible as phone". With all community enhancements, I've never seen anything *better* as phone, than N900 - despite fact, that it's for sure computer first, phone later. Only one thing missing - that I can think of - is sim toolkit, but it's a) special thing required only for purposes like dual-sim (yes, N900 is capable of this one too), and b) you usually set up thing via sim toolkit only once, so You can do it with you SIM, using any 2$ 10 years old dumb phone You have in drawer, and forget about it thereafter.

/Estel
well i used the word "functional" rather than good. The N900 took a alot of work to get it work but it had some serious hardware flaws. Actually a nokia representative told me themselves that they had so many issues with the phone they "dropped" support and pretty much blame the community for downloading/generating third party apps that had unknown interactions with the N900.

Anyway I liked the idea behind the N900, I was just wondering if the N9 was better, especially hardware wise because this were IMO the N900 failed.

Last edited by Klavier; 2012-09-21 at 21:16.