View Single Post
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I lost interest when the current council immediately accepted expensive gifts from Nokia and effectively ignored criticism about it. Take your resounding mandate of 200 votes and do with it what you will.
Which is related to *newly elected* (soon) Board of Directors and self-governed Hildon Foundation, in dozen ways, that You're going to explain now, to avoid looking like rant-man, right?

Originally Posted by lma View Post
Nah, the foundation and its board are outside the scope of any current regulations.
It would be, if not for a single "problem" - foundation and it's board is going to be "given" things belonging to "current" Community (and Council representing it), like repositories, domain and name, data from various servers, working units, etc. While I agree, that legally it's quite flexible, at least "good tone" require this takeover to be proceed with respect to regulations of current Community. Which means, via referendum.

After all, if "Community" is going to pass own "belongings" to be maintained by group of people (BoD), it's natural that "Community" does it following own regulations (election, referendum on accepting bylaws...).

Sure, legally, Nokia could just give those data to anyone they want - that why I've put "Community belongings" into quotas - but, this way, it would look rather like hostile takeover, than fair one.
---

Personally, I share [b[lma[/b]'s concerns - but, I understand why those people (current Council) want to do it following already existing regulations. And, despite old disagreements, I respect them for going "fair way" - I think it's better done like that.

/Estel

// Edit

Well, I've missed fragment about newly elected BoD being expected to resign, when handover is done, and Foundation starts working. Here I agree with lma totally - it is nice recipe for disaster, such "rain of elections" and handovers in so short time intervals.

But, instead of asking current Council to become initial BoD, I would propose, to make initial BoD full cadence one - after all, they're going to be elected, so no reason for them to resign after two or three months. Makes sense?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-09-27 at 09:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: