View Single Post
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by qspb View Post
Hello.

My aim is to write simple perl script which will show cell id, LAC and signal strength (dBm). I'm going to run it on my Nokia N9. But I don't know how to get this parameters from MeeGo Harmattan API's. Does anyone know how to get them? Should I call some Dbus method?

Thanks in advance.
Hello qspb,

maybe [Announce] cellid2geolocation.sh is a good starting point for you. Note, that this script for the N900 will not work on your N9, i.e. you will not get a local area code and cellid.

I observed a different behaviour on the N9. Cellid showed up when the cellid changes and when the N9 registers to GSM. I tried the following: Deregister from GSM, start dbus monitoring, register to GSM, evaluate output of dbus monitoring. Unfortunately, this does not work anymore for me, maybe you have more luck
Code:
#turn off GSM Radio (needed reregistration for cellid)
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.phone.SSC /com/nokia/phone/SSC com.nokia.phone.SSC.set_radio boolean:false

dbus-monitor --system > dbus.txt  &

#turn on GSM Radio (needed reregistration for cellid)
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.phone.SSC /com/nokia/phone/SSC com.nokia.phone.SSC.set_radio boolean:true

sleep 10; ps -ef | grep "dbus-monitor" | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}' | xargs kill -9

Last edited by BluesLee; 2012-10-02 at 09:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post: