Thread: EmuMaster 0.3.0
View Single Post
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ France
Thanks for the update Elemental. Nice to hear that you are still working very hard on emumaster. However, I'd like to make a suggestion :

0.4 beta version was already a nice improvement over 0.3. Of course, a lot of work was still needed to have a polished version, but emulation for snes and psx were greatly improved. The only drawback are the big red "BETA" tags in the middle of the screen.

I think many people here would be very pleased to be able to use this version (without the annoying tag). If you clearly state that it is not a stable version, that you won't fix any bug on this version, and if you keep 0.3 version on the store, I don't think it would be much more work for you. Just release your code in whatever state it is currently in, or if you made changes that introduced instabilities, just release the beta version from September 2012 without the tag, or with a little one in one corner if you want. That way, people would be able to enjoy SNES and PSX games on their N9, waiting for the next improved version.

Of course, it is your software, you're free to do whatever you want, but I think it would be nicer to have this development version to wait. Thanks again for your great work, and feel free to send again beta versions if you want some feedback and testing.

PS: don't know if you've seen, but Emumaster got ported to Plasma Active !

Last edited by AGui; 2013-02-19 at 22:18.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AGui For This Useful Post: