View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
@jalyst

Well, more often than I'd like I encounter users/drive-by-commenters that suggest "the community should be guided to do this or do that" - usually the demands are specific like "council should tell (CSSU) developers to port maemo to XY" or similar. I honestly wonder what those guys are thinking and what I should think about them. Anyway those guys are the only ones that honestly suggest that any maemo entity like HiFo or council should "steer" something. So I guess it's fair to assume it would be first and foremost those guys that needs steering, if we would do any such thing like steering the community (maybe we got a definition problem here: when I say "maemo" I mean the community and maybe the OS. For sure I don't mean peripheral stuff like an infra. Maybe others do exactly that: maemo=the-website). Usually those guys asking for council/HiFo doing "steering maemo" also don't get it when I try to explain to them that council is community's ambassadors, not their leaders. Same applies for HiFo which are more like community's stewards, but also not leaders.
How Rob got mad about this comment about a particular kind of people "in community" is honestly beyond me. What I understand however is him accusing me for namecalling while same time he calls my posts "rubbish" and judges on what I get or don't get, based on unrelated statements that are really completely unlinked to what I wrote. Or did I say "HiFo is useless"???

:baffled:

/j

[edit]
[quote jalyst] ...I don't believe he said anything of the sort, you seem to be misconstruing what he said.[/quote]
he's not the only one: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=25 [quote Woody] You've worded it poorly enough that community ablaze, screaming about HiFo separating from the community[/quote]

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-03-13 at 17:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: