View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Your partition setup at least looks normal at the first glance.
Propably wisest is to do as thedead1440 suggested; boot in maintanance mode, and check if you can export and/or mount the partition. If not, then there is definitely something wrong there so reformat the partition and cpy the stuff from your rootFS /home there.

BTW, let me guess a thing
You might not have realised at the time this went wrong the first time, but I will tell you the symptoms you had at that time:
  • Your device took a longer than usual to boot up
  • When it finally booted, it looked like a fresh device; if you had folders on the homescreen now thy were gone and all icons were on one page. If you had a lot of SMS'es or messages all were gone.
  • However, your MyDocs was intact, all your music/pictures/etc were just as usual.

The cause of this was, obviously the fact that when the device cannot mount your mmcblk0p3 as /home/, it will do a fallback procedure where it sets up your home directory from /etc/skel and the new /home/hierarchy lives now on your mmcblk02p

----- edit -----

What I meant to add, the script responsible for the above stuff is "/etc/init/mount-home.conf"

And you could try to run /sbin/fsck.ext4 for your mmcblk0p3, just in case ith hepls

Last edited by juiceme; 2013-03-25 at 12:09. Reason: additional info