View Single Post
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
- rescue kernel, (...) did you even try to mount the whole device and/or check with fdisk how it looked?
Indeed, I tried to read the whole device with sfdisk (cannot read device) and testdisk (device does not show up at all). And after some time, the device even vanished out of /dev. I think that is connected to the kernel message: "[ 208.476565] usb 2-2: USB disconnect, device number 5"

- connect serial ttl converter to rx & tx pins and login to serial console and do magic in there.
I think I'll give that a try... can't get worse Is the serial console enabled with MALF and MOSLO kernel or even with NOKIA kernel? I stumbled over a R&D flag in flasher:
Code:
flasher --set-rd-flags=serial-console
I suppose that flag must be set? Apart from that, can you direct me to some link... okay, searching TMO helps. I found your post (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...39&postcount=2) giving the essentials

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It looks to me there could be something wrong with his USB port...
I really hope that that's the case, and the flash memory is still fine!

And most likely its just debian usbnetworking which sucks, maybe he should try ubuntu or something.
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I have always used Ubuntu for connecting to my device in rescue mode since my laptop runs 12.04.
Fine, I used Debian and Gentoo kernels, but no one from Ubuntu. I'll try that first. Unfortunately I have no other device I can test with, but thanks for the explicit Ubuntu version number!

Last edited by mpy; 2013-03-30 at 10:45.