View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
@juiceme
Could you please post the command for cpio, as I am not used to that format and do not know which parameters to give for packing (unpacking is easy ).
To unpack the cpio archive to current directory with command: "cpio -id --no-absolute-filenames < ubiboot-02.menus.cpio"

Tp repack the current directory to cpio archive, use command "find . | cpio -H newc -o > ../ubiboot-02.menus.cpio"

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I had a deeper look into sources this evening, and I was a bit "disappointed" (dont get me wrong!). I thought with G_MOUNTABLE_PARTITIONS we also got configurable Nemo partition. But that is not the case. So I made my own configuration. Not yet tested, as I am on the road without flasher tools, so if you could check that and use that maybe?
I think it will work and all changes are based on 05042013 version. So a diff will let you know easily.
Of course I do need it only for Nemo. But maybe later I want to move Nit to another real partition. And for Harmattan this maybe could also be usable to have a safe copy (dd p2 to p5) of a bootable Harmattan version for developers/tweakers?
Yes, you are of course correct
At some point I thought about that, just like I have the initscript defined like in G_HARMATTAN_INITSCRIPT I should perhaps have the partition also configurable...
I just did not implement it at that time

Maybe the partition should also be defined like a sed replacement string for the whole partition name
(something like G_HARMATTAN_PARTITION="\/dev\/mmcblk0p2")

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: