View Single Post
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade to yappari 0.29. First, I didn't see any upgrades available either in HAM (Hildon Application Manager) or FAM (Fast Application Manager), even after updating the catalogs (I'm using all the CSSU catalogs, even from testing and unstable).

So I just downloaded the package and installed it through HAM. I couldn't start it. Starting it from a console, I get a segmentation fault.
The log only says this:
Code:
Di. Apr 16 00:50:21 2013
<noop>
>> 100005a9e5d209cd
I tried reinstalling it in a console via dpkg and I got some errors. Here is the output with --debug=3:
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# dpkg -i --debug=3 yappari_0.0.29_armel.deb 
(Reading database ... 39292 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace yappari 0.0.29 (using yappari_0.0.29_armel.deb) ...
D000001: process_archive oldversionstatus=installed
D000002: maintainer_script_alternative nonexistent prerm `/var/lib/dpkg/info/yappari.prerm'
D000002: maintainer_script_new nonexistent preinst `/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/preinst'
Unpacking replacement yappari ...
dpkg-deb (subprocess): short read in buffer_copy (failed to write to pipe in copy)
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste returned error exit status 2
dpkg: error processing yappari_0.0.29_armel.deb (--install):
 short read in buffer_copy (backend dpkg-deb during `./opt/maemo/usr/share/yappari/icons/48x48/9f-93ac.png')
D000002: maintainer_script_new nonexistent postrm `/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm'
D000002: fork/exec /var/lib/dpkg/info/yappari.postinst ( abort-upgrade 0.0.29 )
Processing triggers for catorise ...
D000002: fork/exec /var/lib/dpkg/info/catorise.postinst ( triggered /usr/share/applications/hildon )
##########################################################################################################################################
No changes to hildon menu.
Errors were encountered while processing:
 yappari_0.0.29_armel.deb
I verified the md5sum of the downloaded file and is correct. I tried purging Yappari and reinstalling and get the same error. I searched for the file and I can't find it because I have a loop in the filesystem:
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# ls -l /opt/maemo/usr/share/yappari
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Apr 16 00:59 yappari -> /opt/maemo/usr/share/yappari
Same trying to reinstall 0.28. I have the feeling there is something deeper wrong with my phone, but maybe have any idea about why this is happening or how to solve it?