View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Somehow, my phone can't boot anymore

I wanted to flash the kernel, but I forget to turn off the lock code.
But now, it just shows the Nokia logo, and turn it self off.
After just pressing the power button once, the phone turns on again, shows the nokia logo, and turns off again after like 5-7 seconds.

What should I do (to save the data at least)?

flashing the original kernel didn't solve the problem:
Code:
flasher -f -F main.img --flash-only=kernel
Edit:
meh, to preserve data... I've flashed with:
Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin
it booted fine again after that...
I really dont know why I couldnt boot anymore after trying to flash :/
About the lock code, if it's enabled it should not even try to flash any open mode kernel, the flasher will refuse to do it at some point during the flashing and the device should be left in a normally bootable state... however just as everything even that can go wrong and the device left in boot loop...

So, you did manage to boot it after all, OK?

I am just a bit confused but I guess you had the problem first but now it's fixed.
Sometimes it happens that the device goes in a state it will not really boot correctly, but most often that can be solved by forcing it down with 8s press to the power button and then reflashing.

About the ubiboot versions you asked on IRC; nowdays it's strongly suggested that you use ubiboot-02.
if you do not know why you should use ubiboot-01, do not use it. version 02 is better, and I am no longer supporting 01.
Version 01 has some problems that possibly CAN brick your device to FOREVER. It has happened just once AFAIK but even once is enough, and for that reason version 02 was done.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: