View Single Post
Hi.

1) Video + Audio?
The examples in this thread only provide a way to stream video. Would like to combine video & audio. Would that be possible?
I have individual gstlaunch commands that can stream video via rtp and can do one for audio to stream audio via rtp, but can't get the mux to work. ie: I've seen something like this on another thread:

# N900 IP:192.168.4.15, computer IP:192.168.4.14
gst-launch pulsesrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! nokiaaacenc ! rtpmp4apay ! udpsink host=192.168.4.14 port=5434
# Pick up the stream on your laptop with VLC, configure with an sdp file (normal text file with sdp extension) containing:
Code:
v=0
m=audio 5434 RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 192.168.4.15
a=rtpmap:96 MP4A-LATM/48000/2

Any input greatly appreciated.

2) Avoid initial launch of camera to focus n adjust lighting?
Anyway to avoid an initial camera launch for focus?
If initial launch & focus isn't done, camera output is either too bright or dark or out of focus.

3) Some contributions:

Posting some contributions here as part of the discussion. I've managed to gather many good info from various TMO posts & in other places to assemble my own versions.

In particular, I have this script n900cammainrtp, that when launched from xterm, will tell you the RTP URL (auto detect IP) you need to key into VLC. An SDP file is also not required as I've made the script listen to a port, and directly send data to VLC from the script itself once VLC connects over.

ps: it's all for fun & i'm just irritated I can't mux the rtp streams. heh. not using it for any particular purpose.

kh
Attached Files
File Type: zip camscripts.zip (5.4 KB, 117 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to bozoid For This Useful Post: