View Single Post
Fine, but this thread isn't about your ends results (sorry ), but about *real* A-GPS. Not to mention that you *won't* get such good results *if* real A-GPS support would be needed to gain it (quickly) in the first place, but frankly, we don't care about you results. We care about A-GPS (in this thread, at least).
---

Now, about the real things:

Originally Posted by petur View Post
Maybe I should wireshark the connection between n900 and supl.* to show what is going on.
Very good idea. As said earlier, I remember someone respectable to mention, that even supl.nokia.com works *fully*, if A-GPS request is passed through a middle-man A-GPS server installed on N900 (the way, that local server "ask" supl.nokia.com, instead of N900 "asking" directly).

I can find the source quote for a life of mine, but it would be very interesting to RE it - after all, supl.nokia.com works for recently released Nokia devices. I bet, that they're filtering out requesting devices on purpose.

Knowing WTF is going on and what they use to identify, we could implement a way to mimic other device for our trusty N900 (and even implement possibility to do it from control panel, via CSSU, just like browser allow to change user agent).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: