Thread: Dropbox
View Single Post
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Coming back to this thread as its a bit more generic of a MeeGo+Dropbox discussion that gets specific to apps and policy from time to time....

Here's my question, for those of you whom are doing development with Dropbox and other "internet as HD" services: one of the issue that I run into is that I have a few files (less than 10) which need to be backed up to Dropbox on a regular basis. I think of something like the sync service existing for things like email, calendar, etc. where every few hours, or when there's an update that's less than 12hrs from the current time of the device, that it automatically pushes that file towards Dropbox - with some kind of notification that its happening.

Is this something that the Dropbox TOS allows? If so, are there any of you developers that have done something like this? If not, what have been your challenges towards making something like that happen?

*BTW: not a developer, just interested in the experience of using things with less friction than normal when it comes to mobiles, web services, etc.