View Single Post
Originally Posted by kutibah
I have a quick suggestion with map downloading. Is it possible in the next update to have a feature where you can download the maps by Zip/City/County/State/Country? It would be cool if for example I can download the enter maps for the USA with one click. It's kind of confusing on how to do this with the Latitude/Longitude coordinates?

Thanks again for the excellent application!
This would be a little difficult, because Maemo Mapper doesn't inherently have the ability to convert Zip/City/etc. to latitude/longitude. Instead, you can use Google Maps or Google Earth to get the Latitude and Longitude. The easiest way (that I know of) in Google Maps is to do the following:

1. Enter the location (e.g. "Seattle, WA") into Google Maps and let it map your requested location.
2. Pan the map [em]just slightly[/em].
3. Right-click the "Link to this page" link and copy the URL. It should look something like this:
Code:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Seattle,+WA&ll=47.60651,-122.330532&spn=0.092127,0.143509&om=1
Buried in that string is the substring "&ll=", and after that is the latitude and longitude.