View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
We'll start fundraising for development of prototypes in a few days, max a few weeks.
Those donations will get you (possibly more than) 100% of the amount donated as discount on the final device sales price.
We're also looking for investors who have a few k to gamble with, for this project.

We will start with development as soon as the minimal amount for the first of several steps in development came in, but we will stop the project if we don't reach our goal (which will probably be 200 donations aka "preorders", and 20k EUR) on a certain point in time, probably newyear. We are preparing a 25+ pages brochure to explain exactly what we plan to do and what we consider easy, difficult, or desirable but probably impossible. This is almost done for the hw side, what's missing is my part evaluating the maemo specific issues and their impact to the design.
I think we will start the donation site as soon as you can read about the project details in this brochure (called feasibility study), so you have a chance to make up your own opinion if this project makes sense for you. I told you we won't work behind walls :-)

Sorry when it seems like we're stalled, actually we're not, we're just busy. I'm currently fighting several battles, see council elections and related karma issue (which we luckily fixed now). The other guys are way more active than I am, right now. I'll fix this soon.

Stay tuned, something will happen this month.

cheers
jOERG

PS:latest news: we need to rethink the modem choice, since the Option 801 isn't ready for primetime yet, and we won't use vaporware to base Neo900 design on it. We're already looking into alternatives.

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: