View Single Post
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
I've noticed that sometimes when you receive a picture you can see the thumbnail in the imageviewer but when you try to open the picture it says unable to display picture. This is an imageviewer bug and here's a workaround: Go back and when you see the thumbnail long-press it and select Details. Type anything in the Title and then press Done. Then you can open the picture normally.

I'm not working on Yappari right now but for the next release and since this is a hassle, I'll make Yappari to auto-add a title to the metadata information of JPEG files to avoid the imageviewer bug which is very annoying. The bug is: it doesn't open any JPEG file with no metadata. Blackberries always send JPEG with no metadata for example (if the picture is from the Blackberry's camera).

Originally Posted by Tayfour View Post
Hi all I have problem in yappri when I open a program, the program closes itself automatically .....How can I fix this problem ?
Search the thread. Usually corrupted chats.db file, deleting it should be enough. It's in /home/user/.yappari/chats.db. Also sometimes it's log corruption. Delete the logs with rm -r /home/user/.yappari/logs (or something).

Originally Posted by murik View Post
Scorpius, is there any way to connect to whatsapp servers through TOR? seems like something wrong with our internet providers...
Yappari uses the default routes. That means if you, for example, connect to a remote network using OpenVPN and route all your traffic through that, Yappari would be routed like that too.

EDIT:

@artpra:

There's so much to talk about all your suggestions that it would really spam the thread.

Anyway for now, I can tell you that the double dots must be something wrong in your regional settings. Yappari uses the Maemo's locale settings to display the date. Look at the screenshots in the first post, for most of us the date is MM/DD/YY. Check in your phone the Date Format in Settings -> Language & Region.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-11-13 at 13:32.