View Single Post
Hey guys,

I have problems charging my N900 off a 12VDC to 5VDC USB adapter. Its supplying 1A, but I have a 500mA plug, and it too doesn't want to charge the N900.

Charging my N900 off a 12VDC source, such as a car battery, is crucial to me, and it looks like the N900 doesn't want to play ball. My Macbook will charge it, but at something like 350mA, which is pitiful, especially if the N900 is in PC Suite mode supplying internet over the USB - I'm using more power than I'm supplying.

What provisions have been made in the Neo900 to make sure it'll charge off any 5VDC source you throw at it, regardless of origin (so, power brick, laptop/ PC, or cigarette lighter plug), because I really don't want to be saddled with a phone that rejects half the power sources I have in the house for some odd reason. I am getting an extended 18Ah LiPo extended battery pack for the Macbook, but I am also getting a VAIO Duo 11 with extended "sheet" battery, and it has a nice over powered (so 1A) USB3.0 charger port (as well as supplying USB data). I will probably use the VAIO for six hour train trips from now on, when I get the bloody thing, and leave the Macbook at home. Don't worry folks, I'm running latest Ubuntu on it, I really can't stand Windows =P

Thanks for the help guys!

Shane.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boris_blackmilk For This Useful Post: