View Single Post
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
This question does not necessarily need another thread and because the TMO's Android experts have gathered here I decided to ask in this thread.

While waiting for Sailfish to conquer the world and come to my living room inside new innovative gadgets, I have decided to test some Android hardware for streaming music (Spotify, my personal song library on local network harddrive) and movies (Netflix) to my AV receiver. I have been therefore thinking to buy an Android TV stick that I could attach to my AV receiver. Any recommendations? Prefarably some stick that can be purchased from a web shop within EU.

I am also not familiar with how these types of sticks can be controlled. Do they provide a web interface so that I could use them with for example Nokia 770 (yes, I still have one laying around) web browser? Do I need to have TV turned on if I listen to Spotify or can I use the 770 as "second screen" instead of TV?
Hi OVK. Just happen to notice this on a XDA thread which mentions following possibilities. Maybe one of these might work

hdmi adapter (I bought one at radio shack and it worked pretty well. Probably not what you want but I mention it anyways)
allshare cast (Only for Samsung Galaxy models including Notes I think)
chromecast
miracast
CX-919
Ricomagic MK802

here is link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...97164&page=107

Last edited by mscion; 2014-01-03 at 19:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post: