View Single Post
Thanks, I'll test it ASAP (probably tomorrow). As for things from .cache I wanted encrypted, IIRC, it was about .thumbnails - I have all photos/videos took via device's camera automatically saved to encrypted partition (one that I mount at boot). Considering, that I have lock code set for 5 minutes and rather safe SSH setup, in case of losing device, there shouldn't be humanly way to get into filesystem without at least one reboot, so personal photos/videos/files should be safe from potential 3th party. Considering this, having all photos thumbnail'ed in unencrypted partition and even cached in img viewer seemed silly I didn't wanted tracker to spoil things by it's database too, as you presumed.

Generally, I've moved everything sensitive, yet required-during-normal-device-usage to such partition mounted at boot (addressbooks, mail settings, etc) and I've everything symlinked, but I've never, ever, encountered any problem/complains from any program - I thought that symlinks are transparent enough for underlying apps.

Of course, I should have mention it earlier, but frankly, I've established my encryption setup so long ago, that I've totally forget putting .thumbnails there, including the reason - to the point, that for a while, I was actually surprised to see symlink as result of ls'ing things You've asked about. Memories of setting it returned half a second later

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!