View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I've been having an issue with Google Play Store since months, but never managed to try to fix it so far because i was afraid I would have to tweak a lot of things and uninstall all my Android applications to clear Dalvik settings. Now with the last update and Patchmanager that has significantly polished my Sailfish experience, I feel it's time to do something!

Well, after this useless introduction, my problem is that Play will crash everytime I launch it, with an error message inside the application saying something like "Google Play Store has stopped." All other Android applications work quite well (I've had some random crashes here and there, but nothing to worry about I think), including Google Settings.

Of course, first thing I wanted to try was to uninstall and reinstall it... But I cannot uninstall it, either by long press on the icon or by using apkd-uninstall. The icon will never disappear and the app will still try to launch if I tap it after trying uninstallation.

I have been trying to delete /data/data/com.android.vending, then the same plus /data/data/com.google.android.gsf, then I noticed that Google Settings still kept information of my account so I guessed all settings had not been removed, so I tried deleting the two aforementioned folders plus /data/data/com.google.android.gsf.login. I rebooted, and then still no success at uninstalling Play afterwards. Launching it took some more time before crash than it usually did, but it finally crashed anyway and now crashes are instantaneous like before.

Should I delete /opt/alien/system (after backing up /opt/alien/system/app somewhere to keep .apk files), uninstall Dalvik and resinstall it afterwards? Will it uninstall all my Android apps? Any solutions?

Thanks, and sorry for the wall fo text.

tl;dr
Google Play crashes like hell, Google Play won't uninstall, Google Play cannot be defeated. Halp.

[Edit] Reinstalling the Play Store using the howto published on Jollatides over the existing Play Store installation did not help.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2014-04-12 at 01:49.