View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
And no, no force on earth would force me to use windows vista/7/8/whatever, at all, in any of my machines.
Agree wholeheartedly. However, I have to use Windows 8 Enterprise on my work computer. Still, it gives me even more incentive to not let this heavy monster invade my own notebook.
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Hibernate works with linux, of course
I do not use hiberante myself, as my laptop boots quick enough for me and I never shut down my desktops, but my wife uses hibernate with her laptop. (we have only linux computers at home)
My comment only referred to the situation where you wanted to resume from hibernate to either windows or linux, at will. (that was a nice idea really)
Yes, it is a nice idea. And i use hibernate not for speed of launching an application, but for an opposite purpose: to avoid seeing pointless applications starting up, and forcibly shutting them down. Bluetooth manager, when I don't need it; Skype; Logitech camera (I don't even use Logitech webcam anymore, but it's still starting up on every Windows-on). Java speed launcher, Adobe Reader speed launcher, Microsoft's GrooveMonitor, Google's Update...
Thank you. I will need to do check-disk soon, just because Windows XP refused to shut down one or two times, and I had to forcibly shut it down... And I haven't done back-up in ages...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...