View Single Post
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
I had one of your ideas later, & successfully sent an MMS to myself, received it & opened it. So that seems OK, & the issue seems to be just the one MMS sent on 5/16/2014.
Good, that means at least it is not my change that broke anything.

Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
With your information, I looked at /home/user/fmms/mms, & I see two folders: one from the successful MMS iof 3/22/2014, & one from the new MMS of 5/16/2014 which seemed to not work. I entered the folder for the MMS of 5/16/2014 which seemed not to work, & found the photo & message.

What is strange is that in the fMMS GUI, it shows the successful 3/22/2014 message as expected: a yellow envelope with the sender's name & no red dot (it's already been downloaded), when it is selected, the picture & message is displayed.
Hmm, that is strange. Either it should have failed and only the 'message' file itself there. But having the picture and not the text is strange!

Could you do a cat message in that folder and check the content?
If it looks like
~ $ cat .fmms/mms/NOK5xxxxxxxxxxx/message
îäìæàSA½¥ù+4911123456789/TYPE=PLMN ÖΓäú* âüΩ
then it is probably not parsed correctly.
In that case fmms has succesfully downloaded the message, due to a "bug" (only knowing about protocol 1.0) it stopped iterating the header fields (and stopped code execution) while parsing, and did not enter all info in the mms.db. And then on opening in GUI it tries to download again, but once downloaded successfully it is already removed from server.
(this is what I expect, no chance to check anymore)

If the message contains more info and some keywords like SMIL, body,head; then you could zip that and send it to me.

--
If you ever come again on such MMS message in the GUI with a red star on upper right corner, then do NOT click it, but go to .fmms/mms/LatestDateyFolder and make a copy of that message first. As it will get overwritten with "feedback from server already downloaded" and we would loose again all possibilities. So please remember this and inform me again, then.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2014-05-18 at 11:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: