View Single Post
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Estel promised pictures few months (almost half year) ago to document the progress and failed to deliver, promised putting files on some-git-or-whatever 3 months ago and haven't done that either while being pretty active in other topics on this forum and following this thread at least once since his last post ("Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" :wink: :wink: ), so in all fairness I fail to see how being banned changes anything in this matter. I was pretty enthusiastic about that project >1 year ago (even though I know the metal case can make the signal reception much worse, I don't mind as I use my N900 mostly in the city with very good signal coverage), but one unfinished and very raw piece of metal is a bit too little to treat this seriously. I don't want to sound like a douche but one of my family members once worked with tools that Estel had access too (unfortunately family member doesn't have access to any of these anymore) and 3d scanner (I'm not sure if Estel has access to one... and I'm not even sure if that's correct name for this device, but this name should be descriptive:P) and was able to reproduce things of similar coplexity in 1-2 weeks when working full time (even considering the difference in levels of their experiences, let's double that number - 160 working hours in two years is still not the best result).

Still, I will happily buy metal cover replacement if it gets finished before 2016-2018 (depending on Neo900 project's success I will probably switch to another device more or less at that time), even if it will be expensive.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: