View Single Post
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
You've probably thought of this already but in case you haven't, in order to encourage transfers to Neo900 UG, it would be a good idea to include in the email a list the negative points of choosing real refunds (loss of currency exchange, loss of pre-order bonus, etc.) and also list incentives such as recent developments that not everyone may be aware of (two-point multi-touch, likely to have 1GB RAM, etc.).
Yeah! Release the advertising beast that lives inside you! That message should sound like you're the boss of the world and that decision to transfer funds was made simply to take control over the whole world faster and to attract more single sexy teenage chicks during that time, not like it was caused by some serious problems, etc. You know, more like "we are so winning that we created separate company to be more transparent and spent the money better and in more clever way, making sure it will be spent 100% on Neo900 development" and less like "we had some different thoughts on how to solve our internal team issues and so we decided to split". It might be the language barrier, but my first reaction to the announcement about need to transfer funds etc. was closer to the second one and it brought rather negative feelings at first. You need more flash'y banners, bright colors and shitty marketing talk

(I'm dieing a little inside writing this as an educated engineer who personally hates crapdvertising, but I would instantly click on "transfer funds" button if it was preceded by 2-3 nice pictures - prototypes which actually do something, WOW! WOW!, information about current progress - calls, sms, multitouch, gps and glonass acquiring fix in less than 30s, WOW! WOW!; damn, I'm getting old and stupid:P)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: