View Single Post
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, there it is, just as you sad it; You wish that there'd be similar community for apple as exists for Maemo (& derivatives...)
But there isn't. And won't be.

It just does not work that way, developer communities get built around stuff that interests developers, and apple devices just do not cut it. The stuff that is made for just users, made as means to feed consumers with canned content will not draw people in to participate in hacking, sorry.
This is where you and a good portion of this community disagree. You mean to tell me that the iPhone and iOS is not a valid platform for developers simply because it is intended for the masses. I can gain root access to filing system, I can install SSHd, I can install a VNC server, I can do many things that you can do with BSD without loosing the functionality of the intended purpose. I believe your position and the position of many here is informed by an ideology and misinformation about the capabilities of iOS, and a jailbroken iOS (which I have informed many about, hence the reasoning for this post).

The Following User Says Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post: