View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
I think there are things that everyone can fundamentally agree are important, such as SSHd and being able to mirror your devices on a separate display, VNC, a proper filing system and even compression tools. The disagreement I have with I perceive to be the disagreement is things that not all people find to be important or even relevant such as an FM transmitter or IR transmitter.
In a subtle way, this statement right here is the issue at hand: "I think that everyone can fundamentally agree that X is important. However, I think that most people will agree that Y is not important."

When this is just an individual statement of opinion, it's fine. However, modern cellphones are not general-purpose computing devices; they are specifically designed to do some tasks and to not do other tasks. Some indivudal or group at Apple or Google or Microsoft has already made the decision that X is important and Y is not important, and everyone who uses their devices is stuck with that opinion. You have no vote.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: