View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
[handheld devices] do not run the same OS as desktop or laptop machines
Well, Mixcrosoft has tried. Only they approached it from the opposite side. Instead of making their mobiles looks like desktop, they made the destop look like a mobile. With catastrophic consequences for both.

Regarding xxxxt's post #61, I find it rather baffling that someone might even claim that "SSHd, being able to mirror your devices on a separate display, VNC, a proper filing system and even compression tools" are "things everyone can fundamentally agree are important". I am happy to wager that most iPhone users have never heard of SSH or VNC, have no idea what a filing system is and have never used compression tools. In fact, what most iPhone users do with their phones can be done with any 5 years old phone and the only reason they buy an iPhone is because it is shiny.

As for mirroring your screen, it requires updating your tech every time a new version comes out which is something not everyone cares to do, even if they could afford it. I bought my new car in 2009 and I still refer to it as "my new car". Unfortunately it did not come with an AUX input. Instead it came with an iPhone slot - apparently the manufacturers considered it relevant at that time. What a waste of space. I tried it with a friend's iPhone and was rather disappointed at what functionality it provided. It made me actually glad that I do not have an iPhone. N900 + Symphonie + FM are much more flexible.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: