View Single Post
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Well, you (Estel) have been banned, but backcover_press_service can still post updates on your behalf, right?
Right! This is our plan. But we didn't wanted to promise it, as Estel wasn't sure if my account won't be terminated, including all posts made. In fact, we're still not sure if the progress update post won't vanish tomorrow. In such case, we won't wrestle with the system.

So, treat it as "we will post 2 weeks update since today if we will be able to", otherwise, the warning from announcement apply and you will need to wait for Estel's return if/when it happens.

BTW, right now I'm setting up a FOSS engine powered (unlike the one here, which is proprietary vBulletin) forum, that we plan to use for all projects since its production ready, abandoning TMO altogether as unreliable service. Of course, we will leave notes where to find us in every Estel's project thread, and a warning that hill posts will vanish from TMO after two months, allowing people to backup whatever posts they fill useful. After that, Estel plan to nuke his TMO account.

If I recall correctly, Estel said something about allowing other people to post their projects there, in case they're tired of TMO wrestling, too, and would be willing to switch (or work in parallel) on the forum with more FOSS'y administration patterns. But don't quote me on it, it wasn't set in stone yet. We must evaluate possible bandwidth etc, in case people actually pick up on the offer more than we expect

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Go easy on him, the poor guy had to dictate it to his secretary
Hey, I'm not *that* kind of secretary

Arien Stokowiec

Be sure to check Open Hardware backcover/body replacement gitorious page!
https://gitorious.org/fremantle-backcover-replacement

Last edited by backcover_press_service; 2014-06-02 at 20:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to backcover_press_service For This Useful Post: