View Single Post
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Poland
@misiak
Thank you for making me notice CC footer (I just registered here, honestly haven't noticed it). I have browsed through it briefly, and if I'm right that it apply to all Estel's post content (even one posted before migration), I think it makes nuking account and content from here unnecessary.

Our doubts about reliability of TMO's management stand still, though. See progress update annoucement and Estel's post, it contains link for the post that he was banned (for a month) for. Also, there is at least one example of his (CC licensed, as it seems) post that was edited by moderator (administrator, chemist) in a way that changes content, without any note/edit author/whatever. For bystanders, there was no sign that the new content wasn't written by Estel.

In my opinion, the above breaks CC rules. We don't want or have time to wrestle with administrations here, so indeed, we do it FOSS way - take our toys and fork. It would look differently if the Maemo's Community would stand against bad practices that are happening here, but people seems to be indifferent. In such case, we're not the ones to fight windmills.

Now, back on topic, please? Pretty please?

Arien Stokowiec

Update
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
<OT>
Perhaps this reliability would improve if Estel didn't try so hard to p1$$ off the moderator(s) so much. He has a knack for perhaps asking the right questions but in the most provocative way. Perhaps a Diplomacy 101 might solve at least some of his problems.
</OT>
I don't know for you, but I would not like to post my project on board, where I'm either terrorized by unreliablemoderators, or forced to keep my nose in my projects only, without ability to comment on other things. While Estel's writing may be provocative, we both thing that we wasn't breaking TMO rules while posting the very post that he was banned for. We also think that the moderator banning him *was* breaking the rules, and in fact, shouldn't even be granted ability to ban anyone, in the first place.

As you might have noticed, I'm much more diplomacy-inclined than Estel is (or probably, ever will be). But, people are different, and as long as they're not breaking the law/rules, they shouldn't be penalized, no matter if we like them, or not. This stands triple as much for anyone wielding moderator powers. As far as I know, Estels provocative words haven't resulted in anyone being unable to post progress update on his projects for a month.

But, if Community is willing to discuss those things, please, create separate topic for it. This thread isn't about TMO fork.

Be sure to check Open Hardware backcover/body replacement gitorious page!
https://gitorious.org/fremantle-backcover-replacement

Last edited by backcover_press_service; 2014-06-02 at 22:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to backcover_press_service For This Useful Post: